We all know it; social media is now the most powerful online platform for marketing. So if you’re a marketer or entrepreneur, you should be in the loop about these 26 key social media figures that will have a huge impact on your marketing strategy in 2021:
- Out of the 74 billion monthly active users on Facebook, 2.68 billion or 98% access the app through a mobile device.
- Women between 18-24 years and men between 25-34 years make up the biggest demographic of Facebook users.
- A Facebook user spends at least 58 minutes daily on Facebook. Plus, more than 82 billion people around the world log into their accounts daily.
- Facebook content consists of 73% photos and 15.09% videos.
- It’s best to post between 1-3PM during weekdays and Saturdays to get the most engagement on Facebook.
- Instagram has 15 billion active users, 51% of which are women and 49% are men.
- 500 million users access Instagram stories daily while there is 1 average main feed post per day.
- Instagram content consists of 59% photos, 9% videos and 26.1% carousels.
- Instagram has an 84% engagement rate where photos with faces perform 40% better than those without and posts with at least one hashtag have a 6% engagement.
- 83% of users say they learn about new products and services through Instagram and 50% become more interested in a brand when they see their ads on the platform.
- There are 353 million monthly active users on Twitter with users aged 25-34 years making up 9% of the demographic.
- Twitter has 70% male users and 30% female users.
- 9, 281 tweets are sent in one second with 500 million tweets sent daily.
- As of October 2020, Twitter ranks 4th in web traffic around the world.
- Businesses that use Twitter for customer service see a 19% improvement in customer satisfaction.
- Pinterest has 442 million monthly active users with users under 25 years as its strongest demographic.
- One Pinterest user types at least 8 searches every month with more than 600 million visual searches every month on the platform.
- There are 75 billion pins uploaded on Pinterest and 85% of female Pinterest users refer to the app in planning life events.
- 55% of consumers use Pinterest to shop while 89% of American pinners use the platform as inspiration in their path to purchase.
- 70% of users find watches, jewelry and accessories on Pinterest while 52% use it to learn more about food and drinks.
- 93% of consumers use Pinterest for a future purchase while 87% have bought a product because of the platform. 76% of pinners also save products for a future purchase.
These numbers are vital in planning an effective social media strategy for your business this year.
Whether you’re using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest, it’s highly essential important to create a cohesive marketing plan. One that will allow you to take advantage of all these social media platforms and to make the most out of your budget.